We’re not asking you to donate!
This Giving Tuesday, We’re Giving Thanks.
All year you have shown up for us, and we are immensely grateful! From the 2019 Year-End ask, the Swiftsure Derby, and the Cowboy Ball, you’ve supported us and ponied-up in support of our mission to empower individuals of all abilities to find strength and freedom through equine connections.
That’s why this Giving Tuesday, we’re not asking for your donation. We’re asking you to go out and make a positive impact in the community.
We are grateful to be a part of such a caring and giving community that we have no doubt you’ll make a positive impression on someone’s day. Be generous this #givingtuesday in your own way to someone or something you love within our community. Share it with us if you’d like. We’ll be right there with you.
Here’s a list to help get you started:
Share the Love
- Paint a rock for our sensory trail and leave it in our mailbox
- Paint a picture of your favorite horse at Swiftsure Ranch and post it on your social media
- Create a PowerPoint that states why your best friend or your horse at Swiftsure is awesome and present on zoom or make a video and share on social media
- Set up your AmazonSmile account and give back without even feeling it
- Download the roundit app and send a little change to Swiftsure with everyday purchases
- Follow our friends on social and tell them what you love about collaborating with Swiftsure Ranch:
- Create a piece of art that NAMI can use in their fundraiser
- Visit Camp Rainbow Golds’ amazon wishlist to make them shine
Make Someone’s Day
- Leave encouraging comments on someone’s social or newsletters
- Send a Christmas card to someone at the Senior Connection
- Reach out to Katie Phillips to find out who would love a holiday card email@example.com
- Send a text or leave a voicemail for a friend you haven’t reached out to in a while and tell them why you love them
- Make a snow day box and send it to a friend [include hot cocoa – it’s necessary]
- Leave a nice note on a strangers car window
- Compliment a stranger you see out today
- Give a special thank you to a teacher today
- Visit your favorite local coffee shop and buy a coffee for the person in line behind you
- Order lunch to go or pick-up dinner — support local businesses and tip 40%
- Shop small buy shopping at a local store for your holiday gifts and give them a shout out on social media
- Collect food for the Hunger Coalition and drop it off
- Donate gently used clothing to the Advocates Attic
- Drop off cookies on your neighbors’ doorstep
- Venmo a student in your life so they can order delivery while they study for finals
- Pay for a stranger’s groceries
- Thank a frontline worker
Take it Outside
- Take a bag on your hike and pick up trash or dog poo
- Do something nice for your body! Get outside for at least 30 minutes of movement
- Ask your mom to go on a walk with you, even if it’s virtual
- Help remove the snow from someone’s car windows
- Shovel out the neighbor’s driveway