PATH Intl. Registered Instructor On-Site
Workshop and Certification
Hosted by Swiftsure Ranch Therapeutic Equestrian Center
On-Site Registered Instructor Workshop October 11 – 13, 2017
On-Site Registered Instructor Certification October 13 & 14, 2017
Workshop Faculty: Lindsey Jameson & Jenny Nell
Certification Evaluators: Jenny Nell & Amy Sheets
PATH Intl. Instructor Certification Process
PATH Intl. offers three levels of Instructor Certification for therapeutic riding: Registered, Advanced and Master. This Instructor Workshop and Certification is for the Registered Level only.
In order to become a PATH Intl. Certified Instructor, a candidate must successfully complete the two phases of the Certification process. For additional information on this process, please refer to the PATH Intl. web-site at www.pathintl.org under the PATH Intl. Certified Instructors menu box. Any questions that you have regarding Phase I should be directed to the PATH Intl. office, and questions regarding Phase II may be directed either to the PATH Intl. office or Swiftsure Ranch.
With the submission of :
- PATH Intl. Individual Membership Application and dues
- Instructor Application with fee (Valid for one year)
- Purchase of Standards Manual and Instructor Education Guide
…you then will officially enter into Phase I.
Upon receipt, PATH Intl. will e-mail you a Phase I Packet. This packet includes access to the following components:
- Pre-Certification Self-Assessment
- Standards Course & Exam
- Instructor Self-Study Course and Exam
You must also complete:
- Equine Management Skills Checklist
- Attain proof of your current Adult/Child CPR/First Aid Certifications
Upon successful completion of Phase I candidates receive a confirmation of Instructor-in-Training (IT) status letter from the PATH Intl. office. At this point, a candidate is considered a PATH Intl. Instructor- In-Training. Candidate will have one year from receipt of the IT letter to complete Phase II.
Phase II (refer to Swiftsure Ranch)
Within the one year timeframe, candidates must have completed all the components of Phase II. These components are:
- Complete a minimum of 25 hours of teaching therapeutic riding instruction to groups of at least 2 riders under a PATH Intl. Certified Riding Instructor (Teaching hours can be started at any time during the instructor application process and are valid for 2 years)
- Attend a PATH Intl. Registered Instructor Workshop. Attend a workshop PRIOR to the Registered Certification component
- Successfully complete a PATH Intl. Registered Instructor On-Site Certification
Further information on Phases I & II can be found on the PATH Intl. Website.
If you are interested in attending the Registered Instructor On-Site Workshop and/or Certification, please contact Lindsey Jameson at Swiftsure Ranch FIRST. If space is available, complete the attached registration form and mail or email with appropriate fees to the address listed. Please also include a copy of your of IT status letter from Phase I if registering for Certification.
Candidates are registered on a first come-first served basis, so make sure to register early. All Certification Candidates must register 30 days prior to the Registered Certification.
Once registered for the workshop and/or certification, you will receive either a Phase II Packet OR workshop only forms.
Please complete all forms and return them to the Swiftsure Ranch office no later than 14 days prior to the start of the PATH Intl. OSWC. (September 27th).
Incomplete packets will not be accepted. You may be charged a $75 fee by Swiftsure Ranch for any late packets. Professionalism is expected!
Registration Deadline: Friday, September 8th